For the uninitiated, VloMo08 (formerly NaVloPoMo) is Videoblogging/Vlogging Month 2008.
The mission, should you choose to except it, is to post video clips, every day, for the month of November.
Why would a marketer care? Just imagine the possibilities! You could:
- Poll customers about their business needs – Customer Relationship Development
- Obtain “market data” from potential customers – Market Research
- Document your business ideas…at least those you don’t mind making public – Pre-initiative Measurement
- Gain and share insight into employee needs and concerns – Internal Communications
- Position yourself as Web2.0 savvy – New Media
- Record your “professional words of wisdom” and share them with colleagues – Personal Branding
Rules and Guidelines…Very few:
- You can use video cameras, your digital camera’s video function or even cell phone video.
- If you can’t post every day, that’s ok. Post as often as you can.
- The videos do not have to be shot the same day that they are posted. In fact, you can use your existing footage.
- The clips don’t have to be lengthy or high quality.
- You’ll be able to put the feed for that channel into Miro, iTunes or whatever reader or aggregator you choose.
- The official VloMo08 Channel is on mefeedia – http://mefeedia.com/channels/vlomo08/
You can also follow along at http://twitter.com/videoblogging
Note: You will get some general videoblogging tweets along with VloMo08 tweets.