The Triple Bottom Line
As for the Triple Bottom Line Threat, David pointed out several key threats to be addressed if we are to move forward successfully:
- People being treated as waste, to be thrown away when the focus is on short term profitability
- Time famine, as people spend more than ten hours a week commuting to work
- An economy of go, go, go, build, build, build
- Growth as an embedded, implicit term in our existing economy, where bigger is seen as better
- The treatment of resources like water and energy as free, building an economy around a comfortable lifestyle, without taking waste and depletion of resources into account
- A lack of understanding of data of the earth
- It’s time for green to start at home, with how we live… our footprint.
- The nouveau green movement should continue to focus on the individual / health benefit of being green; an important shift as we move from not only “greening” structures, but “greening” the way we live.
- It’s time to focus on regeneration, supplying more than we take while preventing or eliminating waste.
- It’s time for the billionaires of the future to build business models around doing more by using less.
Follow @AndaPR on Twitter for more.